Monday, October 8, 2012

What You Should Know About Sleep

"Several months ago I happened to be at a fabricating plant in Detroit on the afternoon a big, hefty machinist almost lost his right hand in an accident. When the excitement in the shop had calmed down, I asked the foreman what had caused the mishap. From what I'd heard, there seemed to be no reason at all for it. The foreman signed. "I questioned Joe about it at the infirmary. You know what he said? At the time it happened he'd felt a little drowsy, that's all. He couldn't get to sleep last night." He shook his head sadly. "I see it all the time. Some of the men come in groggy, hardly keep their eyes open, you can tell they didn't get a good night's sleep. They're not up to par and next thing you know, they have an accident, make a mistake or get in a hassle about some little trifle." 

Good Reading Rack Service, 1956

No comments:

Post a Comment